We’re doctors, nurses, schoolteachers, writers, actresses, artists, musicians, hair-stylists, yoga teachers, economists, consultants…
We’re red, and yellow, black and white and every color you can imagine.
We’re in our 20’s, 30’s, 40’s, 50’s, 60’s and yes even in our 70’s!
Some of us are newlyweds, some are new mothers, some are raising teenagers, some have four-legged furry-children, and others have grandchildren.
We’re Christian, Muslim, Jewish, Buddhist, Hindu…
Some of us have husbands home each night, while others navigate the new lands we live in while our spouses travel or are offshore for weeks at a time.
We’re not just “Trailing Spouses” – We’re real people that have been “Thrown In” and instead of being destroyed by the pressure of constant change and the unknown we’re transforming.
Last week I announced a new blog series about Expat Wives in this post:
Uncommon and EXTRAordinary Agents of Change
This is the first story in the series.
- It’s written to encourage anyone in the midst of change.
- It’s written for everyone that loves an adventure.
- It’s written to remind Recruiters and Hiring Managers that in order to find Diamonds you have to mine for them.
- It’s written challenge companies that hire expats to evaluate their processes.
- And most of all it’s written with a grateful heart and in honor of the women I’ve met on my journey.