As I reviewed my blog posts from 2014, I thought about the people and the situations that inspired each one.
And I realized that although I’ve often said that people don’t need a title to lead, I’ve said that imagining people at all levels of an organization that have a lot to contribute. (Like the often overlooked janitorial staff or frontline employees.)
This year my eyes were opened as I realized how much we talk about leadership in the workplace and how often we ignore the need for leadership in our daily lives.
Several times throughout the year, I met people with vision, talent and time that aren’t engaged in life, and aren’t as fulfilled as they could be. (Often emitting a mix of frustration and surrender.)
- People that could be changing their thoughts and actions; their homes, their communities and our world.
- People that have been waiting for someone else to make their life happen instead of living.
Today is a NEW YEAR, and each one of us is given 365 blank pages. …365 Opportunities to change YOUR life and the lives you come in contact with.
What will you write on them?
Additional reading to help you fill your blank pages:
- Self Leadership: Looking back: 7 Times You Should and 7 Times You Should NOT
- Self Leadership: Only a Person Who Risks is Free
- Within an Organization: Have you shared your vision with your team?
Listed in priority order from the bottom (the foundation) up. (Numbers 1, 2, 4, 5 and 9 will help you lead and develop yourself and the people you serve. Numbers 3, 6, 7, 8, 10 & 11 will help you lead within an organization.)
- 11. Jesus CEO by Laurie Beth Jones
- 10. Life@Work by John Maxwell
- 9. Self Leadership and The One Minute Manager by Ken Blanchard, Susan Fowler, and Laurence Hawkins
- 8. Death by Meeting by Patrick Lencioni
- 7. Silos, Politics, and Turf Wars by Patrick Lencioni
- 6. Beep! Beep! Competing In The Age of The Road Runner by Chip R. Bell and Oren Harari
- 5. Now Discover Your Strengths by Marcus Buckingham and Donald O.Clifton, Ph.D.
- 4. First Break All The Rules by Marcus Buckingham and Curt Coffman
- 3. Leading at a Higher Level by Ken Blanchard and Associates
- 2. The 21 Most Powerful Minutes in a Leader’s Day by John Maxwell
- 1. John Maxwell’s Leadership Bible
Wishing you a Joy-Filled and Purpose-Driven New Year!