Some people and organizations hate conflict.
- Judgmental words
- Explosive behavior
- Relationships struggling or ending
Then they allow that fear to drive their results!
- Some feel victimized by the past and hold so tightly to those emotions that they experience less joy and less productivity.
- Others have rumbling fires of anger burning about present issues. Occasionally smoke seeps out as they vent to those closest to them. As those fires continue to grow everyone is at risk of their eventual eruption.
- Some are unwilling to learn an alternative way of dealing with conflict.
- Others don’t realize there is an alternative.
- And none realize that their choice to wait for the other party to change, is spreading growth-eating bacteria throughout their organization.
9 Ways that the fear of conflict kills and destroys:
- The ability to consider the needs of others is replaced with “self” first
- Comfort zones become more important than the mission
- Small problems are unaddressed and become big ones
- New opportunities are avoided
- Collaboration decreases
- Energy, engagement and hope fade
- Growth declines
- People leave
- It becomes harder and harder to simply maintain
Learning how to engage in healthy conflict:
- Builds confidence while increasing compassion
- Keeps the focus on the mission
- Limits the growth of problems
- Unleashes opportunities
- Fosters collaboration
- Generates energy, engagement and hope
- Fuels growth
- Entices people
- Multiplies possibilities and creates a stronger future
While no single conversation is guaranteed to change the trajectory of a career, a business, a marriage, or a life, any single conversation can. -Susan Scott
Want to learn how to have healthy conflict? Check out the resources below:
Want to experience healthy and productive conflict?
A Conversation Safari is a workshop that merges the spirit and adventure of a real safari with an opportunity to dialogue with and learn from those that think differently than you do. …Helping you turn unaligned agendas & conflict into an adventure that fuels problem solving.
Conversation Safari’s are designed to help participants BALANCE the use of their brains AND their hearts. Resulting a dialogue that is fueled by critical thinking AND compassion.
Attendees leave with increased understanding, energy and hope.