Bridge Builders listen to the perspectives of others, instead of fearing their knowledge, experiences and convictions.
With vision, respect and wisdom they connect:
- Front lines and executives
- Teams across silos
- Customers and the organizations that serve them
As a result, productive conversations across races, religions, and even cultural and political differences are possible.
- See people not labels
- Step into the tension between what is, and what could be
- Explore instead of interrogating
- Listen to what is NOT being said, as much as what IS being said
- Recognize pain points
- Teach truth seeking and critical thinking
- Increase compassion and understanding
- Emphasize common ground
- Encourage collaboration
- Facilitate problem solving
When a bridge is built:
- People collaborate instead of blocking progress
- Solutions are found
- Healing begins
- Hope is restored
- Growth happens
- Synergy is unleashed
- More bridges are constructed
Our families, workplaces and world need more bridge builders.
If you’d like to make a greater difference, follow the links below to learn more about building bridges with those around you:
- Your boss
- A very diverse group of people and opposing views
- A family member that thinks differently
- A new contact who thinks differently
- A complete stranger who thinks differently
Please share: How has a bridge builder helped you to consider another perspective? How has that new perspective changed your thinking, your behavior, or your results?