This is the second post leading up to the International Day of Peace on Sept 21.
- The first is titled Leadership and Peacemaking and focused on the difference betwen Peacemakers, Peace FAKERS and Peace BREAKERS.
- The third post is titled PEACE: A Leadership Strategy, Not Pixie Dust!
- To share why real peace (not fake peace) matters to organizations, communities, and our world.
- And to highlight specific behavior that anyone can do, wherever we are… To make a difference.
How many articles have you read lately where the headline and the image were shocking?
…But there’s a COMPLETE DISCONNECT between the article and the hooks that made your blood pressure rise?
They show up in my news feeds all the time.
Those headlines and images:
• Make non-issues appear to be real.
• Cause small challenges to seem enormous.
• Weigh on our hearts and our minds.
• Fuel doubt.
- Division destroys creativity, synergy, joy, love and peace.
History and Current Events remind us that people without character use division:
- To gain and keep power.
- And/Or to profit.
WILL YOU ACCEPT A CHALLENGE? And encourage others to do the same?
- If it sounds and looks shocking – Pause before you share it.
- Take a breath. Open it. Read it. Think about it. Do some research. Ask some questions.
- Only if you find it to be well thought out – then share it.
- We don’t have to be manipulated and/or divided by someone’s desire to make ratings or spread hate.
Together we can create a more peaceful world by learning to focus our energy on the real issues instead of the distractions!
I’m honored to co-host a #peopleskills Tweet Chat THIS Sunday October 20th at 10 AM EST!
This chat takes place the day prior to The International Day of Peace.
(And yes, this conversation applies to families and companies as much as it does to communities and nations!)
Please join us! Click Here for Details about The Tweet Chat